gbadev
Game Boy Advance homebrew development forum

I'm inexperienced at programming so I decided that DragonBasic would be the best choice for me, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of documentation for it. I'm receiving a compilation error that doesn't seem to make much sense; "duplicate identifier"? I'm guessing this is some sort of syntax quirk. Does anybody here have experience using the DragonBasic IDE?

Administrator

I'm not familiar with DragonBasic but "duplicate identifier" likely means you tried to make two variables with the same name, or something similar.
In case that doesn't help you narrow down the problem, could you post some code and the full error message?

Also, if you're looking for something newer and better-supported than DragonBasic yet still relatively easy to code in, maybe BPCore would be good for you?

Code is as follows, i literally just copy-pasted it from the example given in the settings:

dim msg$,i

start:
graphics 3,0
msg$ = "Hello World"
FOR i = 1 to 10

next

Edit: I messed around with the #include parameters, i think those may have had conflicting things specified in them.

Administrator

When it says "duplicate identifier" is that part of a larger error message? Does it tell you which file and which line of code the error is on?

[edit] or did you already solve it?